Google is quickly becoming rather infamous for releasing new programs then casting them aside when the mood changes. Witness Google Wave, Google Buzz and now Google Reader. (I’m still ticked about that one!) Despite many predictions of a similar fate for Google , Google Hangouts, their latest wonder-app, may just save the collective Google bacon.
Google Hangouts – The Short Version
The short version is that Google Hangouts are a great way to connect with other people via a live video chat, one that can be recorded and used in various platforms and in many different ways. Joined at the hip with your Google account, a hangout is very easy to launch, and it has a goldmine of attractive features for marketers. You can host a hangout with up to ten other people, and many more can view live at your YouTube channel, Google page, or a web page. Google records the whole affair, and delivers a YouTube URL to you after you’re done, that you can then use in your marketing in a number of ways.
Marketing with Google Hangouts
Here are 10 good ways to use Google Hangouts in your marketing:
1. Webinars – Tired of expensive GoToWebinar fees? Now you have a free alternative!
2. Conferences – Simple to setup teleconferencing makes a Hangout a no-brainer for sharing a conference experience.
3. Meetings – Hold virtual meetings in an informal, yet immediate venue.
4. Product Launches – Create a buzz to help your product launch gain attention.
5. Interviews – Interviewing people made easy with Hangouts! Recorded, and transcribed.
6. Product Demos – Show off your products in a Hangout.
7. Virtual Press Conference – Share newsworthy items via Hangouts.
8. Live Streaming Events – Want your own weekly live TV show? Many marketers are now using Google Hangouts for precisely this purpose.
9. Q & A with Customers – Find out what your customers want and need easily. Great trust builder!
10.Podcast from your Hangout -Making a Podcast to share through iTunes is incredibly easy to accomplish.
Google Hangouts is a fantastic new tool to include in your marketing mix. Don’t miss your opportunity to connect with your customers in a meaningful way.